You are here: Home | Wedding - FAQs

Wedding - FAQs

Wedding FAQ’s

Is there payment plan to help me pay for the cost of the room?
Unfortunately at the moment we do not offer a payment plan for hire of the Garden House rooms.

Do parking charges still apply to guests and organisers?
On the day of hire the organiser will be issued with 2 parking permits for the day of hire. All other cars will be charged as normal in the car park.

How long is a provisional booking held for?
A provisional booking is held for two weeks to allow you to send back your booking form.

Is there disabled access to the venue?
The Garden House is accessible to disabled customers.

Can I decorate the rooms and courtyard?
You are more than welcome to decorate the garden room and courtyard as you see fit. However we ask that you do not use any permanent fixings or anything that could leave marks on the walls.

Is there anywhere to store gifts from wedding guests?
We ask that all presents/cards are removed on the night of the hire.

Can I use candles?
Candles and open flame are not allowed inside the building due to fire regulations. You are welcome to use candles outside but they must be placed on a suitable holder to catch wax drips.

Can a bus/limo park in the car park?
Unfortunately buses are not able to park in our car parks. They can however drop off and pick up from outside the museum entrance. Busses and coaches will not be able to turn around in the museum car park due to its lay out.
If your bus or limo requires parking for your event then please contact us. We are able to arrange parking with Herringthorpe stadium (which is a five minute drive from Clifton Park).

Is there any outside power?
There are two outdoor plugs; adaptors are provided (to accept at 3 pin plug). However the adaptors are not waterproof and as such will need to be kept covered.

Do you have any equipment we can hire?

  • Small gazebo’s (3m x 3m)
  • Table’s cloths
    You are able to bring your own equipment into the Garden room at no extra cost but any electrical equipment must be PAT tested.

Are there any restrictions on music/discos etc.?
Outdoor music is to be finished for 11:30PM. You can however have a disco/ DJ or indoor music at a reasonable noise level while midnight.

Is there anywhere I can store my items prior to the event?
There are no storage facilities within the Garden House. You are however welcome to book the Garden Room Prior to your event, this room can be locked and you items can be stored there. However all items left are at your own risk and RMBC will not be responsible for your property.

When will I have to pay for the hire of the room?
A 10% non-refundable deposit will be required on confirmation of the room hire. The final payment is to be received 28 days before the hire.

Who will have access to the area I am hiring for my function?
The courtyard will still remain accessible to staff during normal staff working hours, we do aim to keep disturbances to a minimum. Members of the public will not be able to access the courtyard whist it is under hire.
The toilet facilities, walled garden and corridors will still be accessible to members of the public during normal operation hours

Do you allow smoking at your venue?
Smoking is not permitted within the building at all. Smoking is permitted in the courtyard but we ask that smokers extinguish cigarettes appropriately. Please note cleaning charges will be made for cigarette marks on the outdoor flooring.

How is the out side lit at night?
There are a few small down lights that illuminate the courtyard as well as corridor lighting that is visible through the glass wall.
We do have floodlighting that can be erected for a fee.

Can we use barbeques
Yes outside but they must be raised off the flooring. Damage to the paving of the courtyard will incur a fee.

Is there any restrictions on photography?
There are no restrictions of photography with in the area you have hired. However, we ask that in the wider park area you are mindful of taking photographs of people without their consent.

Can we throw confetti?
Yes! We do ask that it is paper biodegradable and not glitter or metallic.

Can we have fire works or chinese lanterns?
Unfortunately due to the nature of the park and its surroundings we are unable to permit the use of fireworks and paper lanterns.

Let us help you plan your event

Contact us for further details and to discuss your special event at Clifton Park and Museum.

Contact us

green flag logo
arts council logo
Visit England Quality Marque
heritage lottery fund logo

© 2019 Clifton Park and Museum.

Unless otherwise stated.